Innovative Bioproducts and Biopolymers from Biomass
Lignin Recovery and New Products
- Recovering lignin at the mill
- Characterization and properties of lignin and its derivatives
- Lignin in new platform and replacement chemicals - adhesives, foams, coatings, fillers, etc.
- Market usage, assessment and competitive positioning of bioproducts
Bio-based Polymers, Chemicals and Products
- Biodegradable polymers synthesis and production
- Material properties and characterization of bio-based polymers for packaging applications
- Cellulose derived polymers, chemicals and bioproducts
- Hemicellulose –derived hydrogels, chemicals and products
- Nanocellulose based hydrogels, polymer composites and derivatives
- Large scale studies of bioproduct production
Biomass Conversion Pathways
Innovative Technologies to Transform Biomass
- Feedstock Preprocessing and Pretreatments – Characterization, preprocessing, fractionation, pretreatments, developments in biomass recalcitrance interfacing with conversion technologies.
- Thermochemical Conversion Technologies – gasification, pyrolysis, and hydrothermal liquefaction
- Biochemical Conversion Technologies – developments in enzyme science, innovative yeasts, fractionation strategies, microorganisms
- Hybrid Conversion Technologies – chemical and catalytic conversion
Supporting the Sustainable Bioeconomy
Leveraging Pulp Mill Assets
- Technical and economic issues integrating technology into pulp mills
- Process integration and economics of various forest biorefinery pathways
- Biorefinery Projects - Status updates, project deployment issues, project case studies
- Project Financing - Techno-economic analysis, & risk assessments
Biomass Utilization and Sustainability Assessments
- Supply & Demand - Supply availability assessments/ sustainability, energy crop development
- Biomass carbon storage and sequestration assessments
- Harvesting – Thinning and forest residuals, development of specialized harvesting equipment
- Alternate feedstock options – forest residue, sludge, black liquor
- Economic and environmental life cycle analysis of biomass and its derived products, chemicals and fuels
Please note: Since IBBC will run concurrent with PEERS we will accept PowerPoint Presentations with or without papers
The deadline for abstract submittal for IBBC 2020 is March 27, 2020.
IBBC accepts PowerPoint Presentations with or without papers. Authors interested in presenting should upload their abstract to TAPPI’s Speaker Management System by March 27, 2020. Abstracts should be 1-2 paragraphs in length. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by April 29, 2020 and must provide a first draft of their presentation by September 7, 2020.
|Papers accepted for inclusion in the IBBCconference are also eligible for publication in TAPPI Journal
which will be Open Access in 2020. For more information on having your work published in TAPPI Journal,
visit the online submission page, or simply email [email protected]
Interested in chairing a session? This is a great opportunity to network and get involved!
Contact Lisa Stephens if you are interested in chairing a session at [email protected] or call directly at 770-209-7313.